10 minutes prep + 10 minutes cook
This is a quick and simple recipe with post-workout carbs. Adding coconut oil adds a tropical slant to the curry and provides a source of healthy mono-unsaturated fats.
- Ground cumin – 2 tsp
- Ground coriander – 2 tsp
- Ground turmeric- 1 tsp
- Ground ginger- 1 tsp
- Mustard powder or cayenne pepper – pinch
- Sea salt – good pinch
- Lamb chops or steaks – 2 (300g in total, organic and grass fed)
- Extra virgin coconut oil – 1 tbsp
Vegetable & rice side
- Spinach – 2 cup
- Basmati rice – 250g
- Coconut oil – 1 tsp
- 2 bowls
- Grill tray
- Sauce pan
- Curry powder: Mix the spices together in a bowl
- Lamb: Warm the coconut oil to a liquid and mix with 1-2 tsps of the curry powder on a plate. Place the lamb on plate and massage in the curry sauce. Place the lamb on the grill tray
- Rice: Place the rice in water in a sauce pan, ready for boiling
- Spinach: Wash and place in a steamer
- Lamb: grill under a medium heat for 6 minutes each side.
- Rice: boil and then simmer for 10 minutes
- Steam the spinach for 4-5 minutes
- Drain the rice and spinach. Mix together in a bowl with the 1-2 tsps of coconut oil and 1 tsp of curry powder
- Serve on 2 plates (or 1 plate if you have a massive appetite like me), the lamb on a bed of rice
Thank you for reading. Bye for now.
Have you got any lamb recipe suggestions? Please share in the comments below.